The Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO REU), in collaboration with our regional partner Green Growth Platform, is organizing a regional forum on e-agriculture for central and South-East Europe “Precise and integrated response for sustainable farming and inclusive food systems”, which will take place from 13 to 15 November 2017 in Novi Sad, Serbia.
The objectives of the regional forum are to
- bring together agricultural producers and processors, public research and academia, extension agents, IT solution developers and policy makers to facilitate their collaboration and co-creation of knowledge.
- raise awareness on a FAO-ITU (International Telecommunication Union) approach on formulation of a national e-agriculture strategy, which can contribute to achieving national agricultural goals that include development of sustainable food systems, climate change mitigation and adaptation and improving the livelihoods of rural communities, including smallholders and family farmers, men and women.
The Forum will consist of several sessions:
- High-level officials’ Round Table in the afternoon of 13 November 2017
- Forum technical sessions of 14 November 2017
- Projects’ and companies’ presentations and exhibitions on 13 and 14 November 2017
- On-farm exhibition of ICTs in Agriculture on 15 November 2017
The working language of the forum will be English.
Picture FAO/Sophie Treinen