The e-Agriculture learning activity on drones in agriculture and rural development will take place every day from 16 till 27 October as the e-Agriculture team will post new content on the platform and host live events and Q&A’s. If you subscribe, you will receive an email everyday with the link to the content and a summary of what will be discussed that day.
We hope that you will also share interesting articles and blogs and that you will enjoy our recordings and live webinars. We also want to emphasize that e-Agriculture is a Community of Practice and we welcome your contributions too! To take part in the learning activity you have to register by completing our form. If you haven't registered yet, please register here!
In order to be prepared to start, we would like to invite you to:
1. Create a profile on our e-Agriculture platform (if you are not yet a member)
It is easy and free! Make sure you share some information about yourself, your interest in e-Agriculture and this learning activity and to upload your picture. Each time you comment during the activity other members will be able to take a look at your profile. To register click here
2. WhatsApp Group Drones & e-Agriculture
The WhatsApp group will be used to send you reminders of the live activities and exercises to submit. It is not meant to discuss the content of the activity, as this will happen on the platform. If you would like to be part of the WhatsApp group of this activity follow the following steps:
- Open this email on your phone or device on which WhatsApp is already installed
- Click on this link
- Choose – open with Whatsapp
- You will get a notification about Drones & e-Agriculture group and you have to click JOIN. And you are done!
3. Check the programme at the bottom of this page and schedule time for the live activities that you find the most interesting. Note that all live events will take place at 2 PM UTC or 4 PM CEST (Central European Time)
4. Participants panel on Wednesday 25 October: During the activity, we will organize a participants panel during which we give participants the opportunity to share their experiences on the use of drones in agriculture and rural development with the Community of Practice. Are you interested? Send already an email to email@example.com explaining what you would like to talk about to secure your spot on the panel.
Once you have completed the form and registered as a member you can join the Learning Activity by clicking here
On the first day of the activity, we will send you some more practical information about the different activities and how to participate. There will also be a live introductory webinar with the course facilitators, to introduce you to the different activities and the features of the e-Agriculture platform you can use when you are loged in.
This is the program of the Learning Activity (All live events are scheduled at 2PM UTC - 4PM CEST (Central European Summer Time)
- Monday 16 0ctober: Introduction to the topic and the activity
Live opening session with facilitators and participants + Exercise
- Tuesday 17 October: Drones – the technology
Recorded presentation on the technology and its use in agriculture by Gerard Sylvester from FAO and online Q&A session -‐ Definitions and models
- Wednesday 18 October: Use of drones in agriculture and rural development - part 1
Overview of articles and videos
- Thursday 19 October: Use of drones in agriculture and rural development - part 2
Overview of articles and videos
Live Webinar with Matthew Barre from SLANTRANGE on airborne agriculture analytics
- Friday 20 October: Use of drones for forestry
Live webinar with Maricarmen Ruiz from FAO Panama on community monitoring of forests in Indigenous territories in Panama
- Monday 23 October: Findings from universities
Review of exercise and discussion and exercise 2Articles on ongoing research from Catheline Pieters and Dr. Manohar SwaminathanRecorded Presentation or live webinar (TBC) with Claudia Stöcker from Twente University on the its4land project and the use of drones for land administration and property rights
- Tuesday 24 October: Private sector role and innovations
Live webinar with Jose Marchetti from SenseFly and Felix Moser from Mosersolutions
- Wednesday 25 October: Participants experiences
Live Participants Panel: participants get the opportunity to share their experience in a live session and Peer assist: post your challenges or problems and find a peer to assist you among our 400 subscribers
- Thursday 26 October: Regulations, privacy and safety
Recorded presentation Drone Regulations: Challenges and ways forward by Giacomo Rambaldi from CTA with Q&A
- Friday 27 October: Drones in humanitarian action
Live webinar with Haidar Baqir from WFP and Patrick Meier from WeRobotics
If you have any practical questions do not hesitate to write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org - During the activity you will be able to post your technical questions and comments directly online.
We are looking forward to kicking off the activity on Monday the 16th of October and hope to meet you online!