Venue: Indepth Research Training Centre, Nairobi, Westlands.
Event Date: 5th – 9th September 2016
Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness Development are the best hope for reviving weak world economies. Entrepreneurs cannot do it alone; they need an enabling environment in which their business can grow. This course is designed to give insights into the basic requirements for increasing the level of entrepreneurship in communities at local and national levels.
In order to build the capacity of Development professionals who are actively engaged in the Agriculture and food security activities in governmental and non-governmental organizations to support efforts in improving survival rates of Agribusinesses that currently have a high rate of failure, (I.e. 70 to 80 per cent of new businesses end their operations in their first year. And of those that survive, only half remain in business after five years), this one week course will provide hands-on training in Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness Development and the application of Knowledge to decision making in Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness Development planning and Management.
The workshop offers intensive training that will enable the learner to know how to address these challenges. It focuses on the things entrepreneurs care most about, and that ultimately affect their bottom line: How to raise money, make money, save money and help others to do so.
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
- Understand the basic concepts of Entrepreneurship and Agriculture Development
- Learn the basic requirements for business operations
- Know the causes of many business failures
- Learn how to overcome pitfalls in businesses
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training centre or at a convenient location.
The Course fee is KES 75,000 for residents or USD 1100 for non-residents, exclusive of V.A.T.Participants attending as a group enjoys a discount of up to 15% for a group of 10 or more participants.
The course fee covers tuition, refreshments and lunch.
How to participate
View related courses
- Training Course on Agribusiness Development and Management
- Training Course on Value Chain Development and Market Linkages
- Training Course on Agriculture, Innovation, and Technology
- Training Course on Causes and Minimization of Post-Harvest Losses
- Training Course on Agro Entrepreneurship & Market Facilitation
The most popular courses this month
- Training Course on Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Training course on GIS and Remote Sensing, Analysis, Mapping and Visualization with Quantum GIS
- Training Course on Grant Management and Fundraising
- Advanced Training on Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata
- Training Course on Agriculture Best Extension Practices
- Training course on Resilient Livelihoods
- Training course on Social Protection: policies, programmes and evidence
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.