What is the right policy environment that needs to be created to optimize opportunities for the Youth?
In order to give an answer to this question and to many others, UNEP organises a debate on driving Africa youth employment through Ecosystem based Adabtation-Driven Agriculture in Africa, thanks to the use of Twitter hashtag #EBAFoS4Youths.
The chat will start on Thurdasy 9th July from 3pm to 5 pm East African time. It will take place in the comments section (click here)
If you would like to have a better knowledge of the issue you can have a look at the related report produced by the Ecosystem Based Adapatation for Food Security (EbAFOSC) and UNEP.
The debate will try to answer the following questions:
- So what is the right policy environment that needs to be created to optimize opportunities for the Youth?
- How can the youth involvement be facilitated to tap into this budding sector through nature based approaches?
- Are there any Innovative financing practices that can be used by the youth to come up with innovative proposals in EBA driven agriculture?
- What are the strategies to make agriculture one of the competitive professions to be engage in by the youth/attract youth to agriculture?
- What is needed to empower youth and unleash their potential so the mobile innovations in agriculture become a youth driven evolution?
- How can comprehensive policies and sizable investments be fostered to ensure tomorrow’s generation will help scale up the ecosystem-based actions that are already working to enhance food security on the continent?